You found me (not that I've been hiding) and, yes, I realize this page was built in Blogger, but I'm really not using it as a blog. Occasionally, I'll post a note in the space below, but not too often.

However, I do blog regularly and invite you to check it out. If you're looking for me, I'm probably logged in to Facebook right now. I also tweet a lot.

Twitter is where I make most of my noise...


Saturday, January 1, 2005

starting the year off right

It helps that it's a gorgeous day - 70 degrees, cloudless, the windows are open and I'm wearing shorts. I feel compelled to start off the new year with a good cleaning spree. Alie's working, so it's not unusual that I'm cleaning the apartment, but I'm giving everything a little extra attention, myself included. I'm not really a neat-freak... but after letting thing go to hell, I get a rush out of conquering the chaos.

A sense of accomplishment is a killer high.

Doing a bunch of laundry, and I put on the brand new bedding that Alie's mom bought us for Christmas... it's very spring-like. A bit too fruit-stripey for my boring taste, but it brightens the place up nicely. I even trimmed the goatee down and neated up the edges, followed by a nice close shave for the rest of my ugly mug... baby smooth, very nice. Punkin'll appreciate that. Not due for a haircut yet, but a neck trim is in order.

I still have to clean out the fireplace. I can smell the ashes.. ick. I think the cat may get a bath too, if she's not too stressed out after I vacuum.

There's something energizing about a good neat-freak episode.


Look out, 2005... I'm gonna whoop your ass.

Hops & Hickory